Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Birdie!

I had my first taste of golf yesterday; Luke took me out to McMenamins Edgefield where we played the East Course (12 par 3's). I think I'm hooked. It was a really nice afternoon, not many people around so I was able to mess around with strokes and learned am a HUGE fan of Mulligan's. :)

I've been playing golf on the xbox for over a year, and know most of the golf vocabulary, but was not thrilled about embarrassing myself out on a course. Luke was super patient and an excellent teacher. And even though I never once got par, I did get one Birdie. I can't wait to go again! (by the way, Luke pulled out 3 Birdies for the day)

It's been a long time since Luke and I have been able to go out and enjoy time together without feeling rushed to get back for either a youth group event, school, track, work, or some other responsibility. I'm a fan of dates with my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment