Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Jobs

In the last two weeks I've been trying to figure out how to find something profitable for me to do. It's not just about finding a job, but also trying to find something that is fulfilling, useful, and that will bring in a little income.

Ideas so far:

  • Childcare - I would like to help stay-at-home mom's. Those who need just an extra pair of hands, or just a few hours down time, so they can relax or run a couple errands without having to keep track of a little one. My thought is that it would be a few hours once a week/once a month. But it would also be scheduled.
  • Housekeeping - This again is more for young mom's who need some extra help during the day. Cleaning the bathroom, doing some laundry, vacuuming, etc. I don't want a full-time schedule for this either. Just when things seem a little overwhelming or you know you can't get to that for a while but it needs to be done.
  • Tutoring - I am a little nervous about this one since I haven't been in school for a few years, but I would love to help. I could help with math (depending on the level), go through flash cards, or just sit with the student for a while and talk through what their learning. I would love to have my home open for high school/college students as well who need someplace other than a coffee shop, home, or campus to study.
With these ideas I see the need for a car or how this can be something that most young families can't afford, but again, they're ideas and something I know I can do.

I want to be with people, building relationships, and benefiting not just students/children, but also families. I don't want to go to the local retail store and just stand behind a counter all day. I've thought about daycare, but I don't feel comfortable with that, it's hard to explain the specific reasons. I have worked briefly for a house cleaning company and though it was a learning experience, I don't intend to go that route. With tutoring, I'd like to do it in my own time, rather than through an agency or school, but I haven't completely ruled that out. I do want to be affordable though.

So there it is. My job ideas. Who knows if it will actually go anywhere. But that is what I like to do and what I want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment